Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sundog


Sundog

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 14, 2017




Sundog, a rainbow in the sky

Winter's beauty, seen to our eye

On the horizon, you just might see

Something magnificent, I'm sure you'll agree



Parhelion is another word to use

Sundog is the word I'd choose

Who would have thought, on a Winter's day

That we'd see a rainbow, so special in every way



Two sundogs make a halo, I bet that's a sight

I bet it shows up great, in the sun light

You don't often see it, but you never know

When a sundog will most likely show



Sundog? I wonder if it could bark

High above, while I walk through the park

Take another picture, to show your friends

Because it'll disappear, because that is how time ends

Sundog, a rainbow in the sky

Winter's beauty, seen to our eye





I saw a rainbow in the sky on one Winter's day.

I didn't realize it was called a sundog. I was

just happy to see, no matter what season it was.

Beauty is one thing I look for in many things.


No comments:

Post a Comment