Saturday, July 18, 2026

Music To Sleep To

 

Music To Sleep To

© by Bud Lemire on April 23, 2026


Music puts me to sleep

My thoughts I can't keep

I find myself in an endless dream

It feels more real, than it might seem


I listen to music, to ease me to slumber

I got through many songs, almost every number

While I sleep, they keep on playing

Through the night, I guess they'll be staying


I wake up at different times, and I hear a tune

I get up slowly, and then cross the room

Cars are going down, Ludington street

As the boombox plays, something quite sweet


I go back to bed, and lay my head down

I smile strongly, I can be such a clown

A sweet voice singing a lullaby, sings me into dreams

Where in this world I am at, is not as it seems


I wake up in the morning, feeling revived and ready for the day

While the music keeps playing, I dance along on my way

No comments:

Post a Comment