Sunday, July 19, 2026

Smelling The Lilacs

 

Smelling The Lilacs

© by Bud Lemire on June 10, 2026





Riding along on a beautiful day

Flowers are blooming in every way

Lilacs are out, love their color and smell

I've always enjoyed them, I know them well


They come in different colors, that is what I see

I know where to find them, their smell comes to me

A closer look shows, the beauty in each bloom

Look closely for yourself, you should never assume


I remember years ago, a lilac bus was taken away

Tears from my Mom, made for such a sad day

Mom loved lilacs, so it's easy to understand

It was taken away, because it wasn't our land


I love to smell them, when I'm out and about

There's lilacs, on every block on my route

Out on Aronson Island, lilacs bloom every year

I spend time smelling them, the Yellow Warbler is near


Their blooms don't last long, as you need to time it just right

So get your smeller working, while the lilacs are in sight

I'll smell the lilacs, while their season is here

My favorite flower, this time every year


Mom loved them, and so do I. I take in the smell when I see

them around. And after they bloom here in town, I am off

to Aronson Island to smell them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment