Monday, March 15, 2021

I Love Packages

 

I Love Packages

© by Bud Lemire on March 9, 2021


I love packages, when they come in the mail every week

They bring on a smile to my face, when the days seem bleak

I can order stuff on Amazon, WalMart, or eBay

Maybe there's a package for me, in the mail today


Informed mail told me, I'd have three packages coming on Tuesday

Only two arrived, I wonder if the other one ran away

Two came the next day, I unwrapped it to see

What it was inside, that was coming to me


Books, DVDs, and all the things I enjoy

CDs or something else, I'm like a little boy

The little things in life, mean the most to me

I treasure and take pleasure, with each package I see


Four packages today, and they all seemed to fit

I carry them to my apartment, and open them as I sit

It's like a gift, that is to me from me

Being happy with them, is one of life's key


They come from everywhere, and I also must say

Packages bounce to anywhere, which causes a delay

A smile is on my face, today a package will arrive

Some come right to my door, I feel so alive



I do a lot of ordering, so I can get a lot of packages.

Of course lately the mail has been slower, but still

when they do arrive it is nice to open them.

No comments:

Post a Comment