Thursday, March 18, 2021

Living In Fear

 

Living In Fear

© by Bud Lemire on March 18, 2021



For those who don't know me very well

I'll share with you, some truths I'll tell

Throughout my life, I've lived in fear

Many times it caused me, to drop a tear

At one point, my nervous fear took control

My Doctor said, “It could be thyroids, this I know”

The pills have helped me through the days

Yet now and then, I have a faze


I learned to calm myself in fear

It helped when nature's best was near

An Island trip was best for me

To become one with all I see

I joined the Senior Companions, and this helped too

Conquering more fears, in my vest of blue

I had my fear contained at last

Some fears come from my past


I feared doctors of any kind, but made it through

Those needles I dreaded, but I got by too

Then 2020 and Covid came

I was hit, and Covid was to blame

I was so scared, and nervous of this disease

Quarantined, anxietic fear brought me to my knees

I did okay for awhile

Anxiety bit me like a Crocadile


Even more afraid, then ever before

It's now a challenge to go out the door

I calm myself the best I can

Inside I know, I'm the same man

Living each day, I take things slow

Wondering to myself, where will this go

There must be something that can be done

What I'm going through, isn't any fun


It's like something took over my body.

Two Angels are guiding me through this.

Yet they have their own problems, and

can only comfort me the best they can.

Which has helped me a lot. It is up to me,

to make the move. That Mountain, I must

climb, looks so big. Like each day, I must

take baby steps. In hopes that one day, I

shall be closer to being the person I was

before Covid came.


I come forward sharing this, not because

I want your pity. But because someone

else might be going through what I am.

I want them to know they aren't alone.

I want people to understand what Covid

can do to some people. For those who

don't think it is a big thing, it really is.

Until you have gone through what I am,

you don't know how it can effect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment