Thursday, March 25, 2021

My Childhood

 

My Childhood

© by Bud Lemire on March 24, 2021



My childhood was the best, I'll have to say

We weren't rich or poor, but we got by anyway

At Christmas time, my friends got mostly clothes

My family got lots of games, which helped us through the lows


In the neighborhood, we had lots of fun

Kick The Cans,” was a favorite with everyone

We played, until it got real dark outside

Our parents called us in, and we'd always abide


With my Bicycle, I explored all sides of town

Met so many friends, and I felt like a clown

Escanaba, was a fun place to be

Growing up here, was a good time for me


Catching frogs on the island, and bringing them home

We caught so many of them, and I was never alone

Pollywogs, in the pond by the beach

Couldn't catch any, as they were out of reach


Pioneer Trail park, smelting at Well's Bridge too

Never a dull moment, there was always something to do

Looking back on those days, they were so good

Escanaba was a great place, in My Childhood


I loved growing up in Escanaba. A beautiful place

to be and to enjoy. We didn't have computers or

cell phones. We just enjoyed the great U.P. Outdoors.

I still enjoy it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment