Sunday, October 22, 2017

You Don't See, You Don't Know


You Don't See, You Don't Know

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 22, 2017




If you look at me, I may not look sick

Having a good Make-Up kit, does the trick

What you don't see, is what I don't show

There is so much more, that you don't know



To be seen in public, I need to look alright

I want everyone to see, and it look good to their sight

Underneath, my hair is falling out

Even though my appearance, may leave you doubt



Under it all, I am so very weak

My days could be better, yet they're bleak

I can't do the “Everyday” things, that are normal to you

In fact, there are many things now, that I can't do



Some people won't believe, that I am this way

They aren't in my shoes, I live with it every day

Nurses come to check on me, to see if I am alright

Many times I find it hard to sleep at night



If you look at me, I may not look sick

Having a good Make-Up kit, does the trick

I'm sick underneath, but I'll never let it show

What you don't see, is what you don't know





When you are sick with a serious illness, you

still want to look your best. It's harder, because

we have hair falling out, and splotches on our skin,

or lumps, or various other things, that we wish to

be covered and not showing. We want to, and wish

very much to be as normal as possible. But under

it all, we are going through much more than you

will ever know. Because what you don't see, is

what you don't know about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment