Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Looking Back On The Year



Looking Back On The Year


© by Bud Lemire on Dec 21, 2017





Looking back on the year, as it ends


A new outlook on life, a new job, and new friends


Another brother left this world, in spirit he'll be


I'll cherish his life, and what he meant to me





Capturing another year of every beautiful scene


Creatures, events, clouds, and everything in between


A love that found me, is deeper than most


An adventure on Skype, which I'll raise a toast





The struggle goes on for a dear friend of mine


She gets through each day, without crossing the line


My health took a downfall, but I got it under control


Fear was upon me, but courage made me whole





Another great year spent at the U.P. State Fair


A great friend, a great concert, a great time we could share


A jigsaw puzzle to work on for Michael and me


Pieces fit together, with friendship as the key





A new year begins, while one year ends


I thank God for his guidance, and for having so many friends


As I end this poem, with thoughts passing through


I will say these words, “Happy New Year To You”








Each year of our life, is so very different from the one


before it. And each year that follows is so very unique.


Our lives change with each year. New friends, new


experiences, the unexpected, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment