Saturday, May 12, 2018

Snowy White Owl


Snowy White Owl

© by Bud Lemire on May 9, 2018




It was like any other day

It happened on the fifth of May

I was on the Aronson Island, to the shore

Yet on this day, there so much more



I spotted something, closer to shore

A white head, yet I had to see more

I grabbed my camera, and used the zoom

Not too close, it needed the room



A Snowy White Owl, what a sight to see

It was looking around, and watching me

Its head went almost, all the way around

As it sat there staring, right there on the ground



I tried to get closer, a different angel to get

It took off in flight, but it was Seagulls it met

Back to the shelter of trees it flew

Not far from the lake, that was a pretty blue



I took a video, and more pictures too

A voice inside me said “Bud, it's looking at you”

Since that day, it seemed easy to find

On a boat, a building, and even a Shopko sign







It was a special day for me when I saw the Snowy

White Owl. I was just looking at Owls online, and

thinking, “I would love to get a picture of an owl.”

Well, someone was listening, because there it was,

and I saw. They are amazing creatures, and look so

unreal with they way look and move. I'm so happy

I had the opportunity to see one and capture it with

my camera in pictures and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment