Saturday, November 17, 2018

Pain, Covered Up With A Smile


Pain, Covered Up With A Smile

© by Bud Lemire on Nov 17, 2018




Life now, is nothing more than pain, covered up with a smile

I've forgotten what it is to feel normal, it's been quite awhile

I'm so tired of living every day in fear

Not so much of dying, but the pain within each year



Every moment, so scared and so unsure

Of what will happen next, hoping for a cure

They try everything, I feel like a guinea pig

A bone marrow biopsy, so much pain when they dig



Yes, I won't deny it, I get very depressed

Each day can be a struggle, because I am always stressed

Blood transfusions, always going for some test

The Doctors remind me, to take time to rest



These days I use a Walker, and I wear a mask

Then there are those people, who always have to ask

I try not to let them know, what I'm going through

In this poem right now, you will have a clue



I have to watch my body, for any symptoms that appear

Then call the Doctors quickly, which activates my fear

For many years, I have lived and battled this

Praying that some day, I'll have a little bit more bliss





Pain and fear together are no fun to have. I hope someday

that I can have a somewhat normal life again. Once again,

I hope by reading this poem, you will understand what we

have to go through on a daily basis. It is no fun, and I wouldn't

wish this on anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment