Monday, September 14, 2020

My Photo Book

 


My Photo Book

© by Bud Lemire on Sept 14, 2020


Photo Memories, are captured through the years

Old ones, funny ones, and the ones through our tears

The years seem to pass so quick

Someone in the family has gotten sick


Yet in the photo, they look so well

Who would have known, Heaven would ring its bell

Cherish the memories, of the ones we hold so dear

You just never know, what will happen in each year


It's almost like, you can step back into yesterday

In your memory, it's a good place to get away

Each photo tells a story, of the person who was there

To the other people, it's special beyond compare


Grandpa, Grandma, the Uncles, the Aunts, Mom and Dad

Live on in this lifetime, because of the photos I had

Every photo that you take, becomes a historic act

We can never ever, get that moment back


Some family members are discouraged, when my camera is in my hand

I capture the special moment to keep, I wish they would understand

It's not about their ego, and how they're going to look

It's because I honor them, with a place in my Photo Book



It's true. Those pictures capture a moment in time, that we can

never get back in life. But in our memories, we do go back, by

way of each of the photos. All our relatives and friends, and us

as we looked younger. A picture of a place that is no longer there.

A picture of a time that is no longer here. It's also true, I love pictures

to remember the special people in my life. Don't worry about how old

you look, or if your hair is messed up, or you aren't wearing the right

clothes. I want to capture you being YOU, so I can remember YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment