Thursday, December 3, 2020

A Covid Christmas

 

A Covid Christmas

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 2, 2020

It was Christmas time, a festive holiday for all

One young girl would face her losses, and have to stand tall

You see, this year, her Mom had Covid, which made her die

Her health wasn't good at all,” Paula started to cry


She knew that Christmas in her heart, wouldn't be the same this year

Life forever changed, without the Motherly guidance of one she held so dear

Her Dad left long ago, not sure where he went

Christmas with her Grandparents, is how it would be spent


It looks like her Grandparents, have a new Angel on the top of their tree

She was staring at it, wondering, “Is that Angel looking right at me?”

The Angel seemed to move, and suddenly appeared nearby

Glowing so brightly, looking so much like Mom, made her cry


Hi Paula, it is me, Mom, I had to come and say”

I'm doing so much better, since the virus took me away”

I know you miss me, so it's why I came to you”

I'll be your Angel, always watching all you do”


Paula felt a strong tingle, as the Angel touched her soul

The Angel returned to the tree top, after making Paula whole

She knew from that moment on, wherever she would go

Her Mom in spirit, would be watching over her soul


Paula spent each Christmas at her Grandparents house. To see

the Angel on the tree top. When her Grandparents passed, she

got to keep the Angel for herself and put it up on her own tree.

Paula knows it's not the same without her Mom. Yet she also

knows her Mom isn't far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment