Saturday, July 15, 2023

Being Deaf

 

Being Deaf

© by Bud Lemire on July 15, 2023

Being deaf in this world, is no easy thing

Loneliness and frustration, is what it will bring

So many people don't understand, what it's like not to hear

They don't even try, so that all will become clear


I can read lips, when they form their words just right

When they are facing me, and they are in full sight

Yet many are rude, and will turn away and talk

When they do this, I just turn away and walk


I ask, if they'll repeat what they just said

The look on their face, then they shake their head

Is that so hard to do, when you're talking to me?

I can't hear the words, and I won't let it be


They think I am faking it, what will it take

So they'll understand, and they'll be awake

As I often said, they'll be stupid until they want to learn

You'll find these people, everywhere that you turn


They laugh at me, oh sure it's a joke

Because I don't know, the words that you spoke

We aren't going to take crap, from people like you

We'd have better luck talking, with animals in a zoo

Compassion and understanding, is what is needed to know

Stupidity and rudeness, won't help you to grow


When you mock someone who is deaf, you are being so

very rude and that is not right for any human to do to

another. To get upset because you have to repeat words

for them, is not right at all. Think of what they have to go

through. No sound at all, no music, no birds singing, no

cars honking, etc. And you think it is such an issue to

repeat a few words to a deaf person. You need compassion

and understanding, and know what their world is like without

sound in it. Maybe we need to put you in a soundproof room

for a week and see how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment