Thursday, August 3, 2023

People Change

 

People Change

© by Bud Lemire on Aug 2, 2023




What changes people, I'd like to know

Maybe something in life, that doesn't show

An illness, a virus, or a disease they get

I'm sure it's something, it's a sure bet


Something that might have emotionally hit

That touched them down deep, right to the pit

Some people you knew, now may seem strange

It's only because, so many people change


Life has a way of chiseling them out

Molding a new person, it's what life is about

We think we haven't changed, but really we do

it happens to us gradually, and we never knew


Sometimes it comes, as quite a surprise

People comment on our changes, then we realize

I didn't think I changed, but maybe I did”

I'm an adult now, I'm sure not a kid”


They change for the better, sometimes for the worse

If it's the latter, then they start to curse

In our lives, it may seem strange

People we know, they always change




There's always a reason why people change.

There's many reasons, and it could be any one

of them. All we know is, they don't seem the

same any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment