Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cold Winter Winds

Photobucket

By Bud Lemire on Dec 7, 2009


When the cold winter winds blow
There’s one thing I always know
Somehow, some way, I’ll get through
No matter what happens, no matter what I do

I keep the thoughts of warmer days
Within my mind they turn into sun rays
They warm me up with the heat they give
And through the colder days it’s easier to live

I think of my friends who are always near
And all these cold feelings disappear
I think of my family, their love is always there
And the memories that we’ll always share

I read a good book or watch some TV
And the winter blues seem to let me be
I work on my pictures or write a poem
I do all kinds of things when I am home

I look out my window at the snow on the lake
Ice covered water, or a slow falling snowflake
When the Cold Winter Winds blow
I’d rather be inside, this I know


Many places across the world get cold. Here in Upper Michigan we have our share of cold weather during the winter months that start in November and go through March. Sometimes even longer! But with the warm company of friends and family, we manage to keep those Winter Blues away.

No comments:

Post a Comment