Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memorial Day From Heaven

By Bud Lemire on May 31, 2010

I see you each time you stop by my grave
If you could see me, I’d stop and wave
But you get caught up in this holiday each year
And let your emotions bring down a tear

Have you forgotten what was taught at the start
Those that we’re connected to are never apart
So often I watched as you gazed into space
I wanted so badly for you to see my face

You’d stare out the window, and cry “Why’d You Leave”
I understand all too well what it means to grieve
Many times you’ll notice a scent in the air
I try for your attention, so you’ll know I’m there

Unless you’re relaxed and in tune with all that’s around
You’ll never know I’ve been there, because I don’t make a sound
I love being with you, but I wish you could see
All that I am, and one day you’ll be

You see, I’m so much better now than I was before
One day you’ll know, when you open Heaven’s door
For now I’ll just thank you for remembering me
And remind you that “Love” is what holds the key

Dedicated to all those who have passed on to another place. They are not gone, they live on forever in the Heavenly Spirit world.

No comments:

Post a Comment