Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Avril


Avril

© by Bud Lemire on April 4, 2017





The first letter from her, was May 18, 1987

On her Birthday today, I found out she's gone to Heaven

Her letters, always brought a smile to my face

Now I know, today, she's found a better place



She'd tell about Mum, and her boys

And her cats, who played with the toys

Books she was reading, was a topic we would share

Many times our letters, would take us anywhere



Her letters, were always a welcome sight

This year finds her, in a better light

Over years, memories fade, we've been out of touch

I wanted to let her know, my dear friend, I loved you so much



Her words written in a letter, that came from Liverpool

Brightened up each day, as if it were a jewel

I wanted to keep all of her letters, and read them once more

The space I had was limited, I had to throw them out the door



I hold the treasured moments, that we shared within each letter

I smile as I think of Av, and it makes me feel much better

She was a special friend, a Pen Pal and the very best

This wonderful soul who wrote me, I was surely blessed





Av, every time your letter appeared in my Mailbox, it was like

a gift. As I think about, you were the gift that wrote the letter

that was a gift for me. Each letter was packed with all the

ingredients that come from a wonderful soul. And they came

through in each letter. I even read them to my Mum, who also

loved each one. I thank you so much for crossing paths with

me, and sharing some time as a wonderful Pen Pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment