Sunday, April 30, 2017

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS in life that make life so much better. So many people pass by and miss the little things. A smile from a stranger. A butterfly passing by your face. A bird singing in a tree nearby. Blue skies and white clouds. Green grass and a leaf on a tree. A flower. And even a dandelion. Even though some call it a weed, it is so very beautiful and yellow. A beautiful Tree with it's branches held up high. I remember years ago, someone came to visit this area and said “this city is so boring, what is there to do?” There was a time when I was first out at Aronson Island and wondered, “I am bored. What do I do now.” I felt lost and alone, and not sure what to do. Until a voice inside me said “look at those flowers, look at the green grass, hear the Yellow Warbler, see the Yellow Warbler, look at the Lilacs, see the butterflies. Inside the voice said YOU ARE NOT ALONE. The digital camera was just getting started, or at least for me it was. As soon as I had my first one, all I wanted to do was capture the beauty I saw and experienced. The peace it brought me, and the feeling it gave to me. The comfort and the companionship that nature brought to me. This is why I love living by the Park, I am so close to Nature. So many birds come to Aronson Island, and it is so close to where I live. I've come to be so close to Nature, that when people come and scare something away, I get a bit upset. Of course some who know me, will stop and wait before coming by me. I thank them for their consideration. I once was outside and watched as a butterfly flew by several faces very close. They were all watching me and wondering what I was looking at. I wondered who saw the butterfly as it went right by their faces. Only one was able to tell me she saw it. The others were lost in their own worlds. How can you appreciate something, when you don't take notice. Now I'm sure if a deer, a bear, a porcupine, or a pheasant came by, they might notice it. If they didn't notice the Butterfly, they might not notice a Dragonfly either. I try to pay attention to every little thing. Even one little thing will brighten my day so very much. If you want to make your days better, notice the little things. They all add up to the bigger thing. They do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment