Monday, November 20, 2017

Giving Thanks


Giving Thanks

© by Bud Lemire on Nov 13, 2017






Giving thanks, because I am living

Appreciation for the food that's been given

Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy

Cranberry sauce, the pumpkin pie will fill me



Gathering with Family and friends

The thankfulness never ends

Cut the Turkey, so tender to chew

I take off my hat, and salute you



Green bean casserole, I'll try some

Although, it's not for everyone

So much food, to pick from

I'll just fill my plate some



My belly knows how much to eat

Yet my mind doesn't know defeat

Belly versus mind, the battle never stops

Until the button on my pants, pops



I can't eat all that food, no way

You have way too much, on display

I'll just have a dab of this and that

Maybe I'll get by without getting too fat

I appreciate the food that's been given

I give thanks, because I am living





Thanksgiving is always being thankful

for everything you have. Food, and so

much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment