Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Why Take A Picture Of Me?


 
Why Take A Picture Of Me?

© by Bud Lemire on Nov 1, 2017



Why take a picture of me?” said The Butterfly

Because you are so beautiful to the eye

But I am just a Butterfly, nothing more”

Your wings are paintings, and you soar



Why take a picture of me?” a Rabbit asked of me

Because it's your beauty, that I see

But I am just a Rabbit, nothing more”

When you are hoping, it's too beautiful to ignore



Why take a picture of me?” a Robin asked of me

Because I love your song, and beauty is mine to see

But I am just a Robin, it's all I have ever been”

I know, but you are so very special, my friend



Why take a picture of me, said the Sun at Sunset

It was at Sunrise, that we had first met

It's because of your colors, and your light

The beauty we see, when we take in your sight



As two Teenage skateboarders, roll on by

They ask the question of why

Why take a picture of us?”

All I ask is for your parents trust

For I see beauty in each human being

That beauty is worth being seen



Every now and then I get some nasty feedback

on my photos. A recent one was that I took a

picture of their son and his girlfriend, who were

skateboarding down the sidewalk. There was

nothing wrong with it. Yet the Mother felt uneasy

that I had taken it and shown it on Facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment