Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Enemy Within


The Enemy Within

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 30, 2018




For some of us, the enemy lives within

We fight them off, but we can never win

Life's battle scars, has left us very sore

We want to relax, but all we do is roar



We bang the drum, we bang the wall

We crash the carts, right in the hall

We scare the people, that we are around

We're out of control, we keep losing ground



I fought for our country, in a mighty war

Now I fight demons, that keep coming through my door

I know you can't see them, yet they're real to me

You would understand, if you knew my history



They gave me medicine, to keep me in control

Yet all I want to do, is crawl out of this hole

Break free, of these enemies within

Part of me knows, I will never win



I never asked for this, I never did

I started off, as a normal kid

Along the way, something happened to me

The things you don't know, are the things that I see





We never know everyone's story. How they came to

be who they are today. What they've been through

in their lifetime. Then one day we know more, and

understand their story a little better. Can we truly

say that under the same circumstances, that it could

have been us. Yes, if we had traveled their journey.

But we didn't and they did, and they have to live with

it. But we can take what we learned, and understand

a little better of where they are coming from, and what

they are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment