Tuesday, January 8, 2019

This Heart Of Mine


This Heart Of Mine

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 8, 2019




I've been traveling here, a long time

Feeling things, with this heart of mine

Not sure what's happening, or what will be

Just hoping that love, will be good to me



I gave it my all, what else could I do

There were many things, that I never knew

Now I am wandering, in some distant place

A long ago time, and I keep my pace



I wonder for me, what's in this year

Heart broken promises, only brings on more fear

I have many friends, yet I walk alone

Each day that passes, my heart becomes stone



How did it all, turn to this

Everything that happened, all gone amiss

Yet the journey I traveled, lead me each day

I tried every moment, to find a better way



Even though my heart is lonely, with all I think of

I know someday again, I will search for love

For now I'll love myself, and it'll help me through

As I carry on, doing what only I can do





For many of us, love ends with a broken heart. We say

that's the end of love for us. But deep inside us, we find

the strength to go on. And one day, without us even

looking, love finds us. We travel together awhile and

enjoy each others company in a wonderful way. When

you come to the crossroads, you throw a few rocks at

each other and head in different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment