Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Chicken & Rice

 

Chicken & Rice

© by Bud Lemire on Sept 6, 2021



Chicken and rice

Sounds pretty nice

I'll have it today

With Basmati, my way


With a touch of garlic, and basil on the chicken

Makes my mouth water, for some really good licking

Basmati is from India, but some is grown here

The taste is so awesome, a rice I hold dear


I'll put the chicken, in the roaster my cousin gave to me

Cook it up real tender, like it always should be

The Rice Cooker, will cook at its own pace

It'll shut off when it's done, see the smile on my face


A little salad, will go perfect with this meal

A really great combination, is how I feel

The aroma of Basmati, has my taste buds dancing around

You'll find this rice at any grocery store, that's where its found


The Rice Cooker shut off, the chicken is done

The salad is made, that sure was fun

Now to sit down and eat, while I watch TV

Such a great meal, I'm so glad it's for me



When I lived in Washington state, I recall trying Basmati.

So when I got back to Escanaba, I found it, and have been eating it

ever since. If you like rice and haven't tried it yet, give

it a try. It's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment