Thursday, May 12, 2022

A Memory And A Song

 

A Memory And A Song

© by Bud Lemire on May 11, 2022



No one lasts forever, before you know it they're gone

All that's left of them, is a memory and a song

Sing that song, sing that song, any time

They will come alive, within your mind


Age seems to creep up on us all

Before we know it, we hear the call

When we're young, we think life is so long

All we have later, is a memory and a song


Time, where did it go?

I only wanted to say hello

They're only whispers in my ear

Time is limited, while we're here


It was a lifetime, where did it go

I learned a lot, and now I know

There was much more to everything

I took it all in, and now I sing


I sing a song about those I knew

Who carried on until their time was through

No one lasts forever, before you know it they're gone

All that's left of them, is a memory and a song



As we get older, we lose so many family members

and friends. But they remain in our memories and

we can smile and dance a happy tune to how much

they touched us in life. When we are young, life goes

slower, but when we get out of school and start life,

it goes very fast. I remember people always telling me

to hold on tight, your life is going to go by fast. They

were right, whew, now I see this old man in the bathroom

mirror. He shares with me the wisdom of the years that he

has learned. Thank you old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment