Saturday, June 4, 2022

Door Decoration

 

Door Decoration

© by Bud Lemire on June 4, 2022



People put plaques on their door, or a door decoration

To celebrate a holiday, or some other occasion

Here at Harbor Tower, it's great to have one on your door

Sometimes we get off the elevator, and we're not on the right floor


I have a heart on my door, it was for Valentines Day

I kept it there, because it had something to say

Home is where your heart is,” was hitting me true

It's been my home since 2004, and it's helped me through


The heart is a symbol of love, and I'd like to think

I shared much of my love, I say with a wink

Some have a 4th Of July plaque, or a Summer décor

Or something else they love, that means so much more


The beat of the heart, the décor on my door

When I'm deep in thought, I know it's my floor

If my apartment door, doesn't show a heart

My key won't open it, and I must depart


Most times, I'm alert and aware

Other times, I could be anywhere

Sometimes we get off the elevator, and realize it's not our floor

Here at Harbor Tower, it's great to have a decoration on your door



I think it's a great idea and it actually stands out for you. When you

come home and see your door that has the decoration you put there.

But there are those times your mind does wander in thoughts and you

follow someone off on their floor, and you notice something else on

the door. The thought hits you, this isn't my floor. So you get back on

the elevator and take it to your floor. In my case, home is where the

heart is.


No comments:

Post a Comment