Sunday, June 19, 2022

Washington School

 

Washington School

© by Bud Lemire on June 17, 2022



I'm taken back, a long time ago

Teachers and classmates, that I came to know

I didn't start there, I'll have to skip just one

Memories of going there, we sure had a lot of fun


First Grade Mrs. Woodard, Second Grade Mrs. Cass

Third Grade Mrs. Sprague, time sure went fast

Fourth Grade Mrs. Tippett, Fifth Grade Mr. Leduc

In the Winter time, we had to wear a chook


The Sixth Grade, we had Ms. Severe

I remember the teachers from every year

In Second Grade, we moved from the old to the new

After Washington School, is when I really grew


Memories bring me back there, with just a thought

And I find myself in the class, right at that very spot

Playing marbles, tether ball, or on the Jungle Gym

As children, we did so many things on a whim


Being a Cross Guard, was something to enjoy

At Washington School, I was just a little boy

As Washington School, the building we once knew

Becomes a parking lot for buses, its schooling days are through


Of course it's been awhile since it was a school. Many times

priorities come first. Safety for the kids who go to the school

once called Junior High. Changes are a part of life. We all

know about them, as we have each gone through so many.

Seems like every year there are changes, of one kind or another.

Our memories of that time will always be with us, or in my case

written down in a poem or somewhere else.



No comments:

Post a Comment