Monday, October 17, 2022

Cousins, Connected By Heart & Soul

 

Cousins, Connected By Heart & Soul

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 15, 2022



Some have said, before we're born we get to choose our family

Whether you believe it or not, I know they mean the most to me

Parents, Grandparents, Brothers, Sisters, Nieces, Nephews, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins too

Years together, they are all there, to spend a lifetime with you


Climbing the Family Tree, is so much fun to do

Finding out how, each relative is related to you

First Cousin, Second Cousin, or maybe a Third

Which generation, now that is the word


How many times removed, can each one be

It's all part of, climbing the Family Tree

I bet there are many Cousin, that I don't know

I sure have met many, as the story will go


Some in person, and some online too

We became close friends, as some Cousins do

Growing up, Cousins were older than me

I find there are tons of them, on my Family Tree


Others are much younger, as each story goes

As you climb your Family Tree, it really grows

Branches are filled with Cousins everywhere

Why there's even one, reading this poem that I'll share



One of the biggest thrills of genealogy next to finding

out about your ancestors and who you descend from,

is finding so many Cousins who have the same interest.

Meeting them, and being in touch with them. They can

become quite close in so many ways. Friends that are

family. It's been so much fun. Thank you Cousins, for

not only for being related, but for being a friend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment