Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Feeling The Silence

                                   

Feeling The Silence

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 24, 2022


In a world we're raised, to listen to everything we hear

Comes a silence that is felt, when nothing comes to our ear

Can you imagine a world, without any kind of sound

You try your best to listen, yet it doesn't come around


Suddenly! Your hearing has disappeared

A Nightmare! Everything that you feared

Where is the music, that always made me smile

Or the birds in the trees, that use to sing awhile


My TV is on loud, but I can't hear a thing

If someone is calling, I can't hear the ring

Don't knock on my door, I don't know you're there

My hearing is gone, I hear nothing everywhere


It's a scary feeling, I feel incomplete

I'm afraid to go outside, or to cross the street

My alarm won't wake me, if I fell asleep

I'm alone in the silence, with the company I keep


I fear every moment, in this silence I am living in

So much I am going through, I don't know where to begin

I was happy with my hearing, when it was around

Now I am Feeling The Silence, because I hear no sound



When you lose your hearing after having it for a long time,

it can be very hard to find yourself in a world of silence.

All the things you heard, go silent, and you are in a completely

different world. A world without sound. It's the most difficult

feeling. You have to adjust in so many ways. It's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment