Monday, November 21, 2022

Thanksgiving Memories

 

Thanksgiving Memories

© by Bud Lemire on Nov 20, 2022



I enjoyed sitting down, at Thanksgiving with family

Now I can look back, at the cherished memory

Mom, Dad, John, Terry, and me

Turkey was the best it could be


Potatoes with gravy, and dressing too

Cranberry sauce, either one will do

Lime jello with carrots and pineapple inside

Green and black olives, that were too hard to hide


There were leftovers, after a meal like this one

Turkey sandwiches to eat, was the most fun

Those were the days, I still remember

Way back then, on a cold day in November


I'm never as thankful, as remembering family on this day

At the old family home, and the games we would play

My sister Nancy came over, we'd play games for awhile

Thinking of those days, always brings me a smile


Times keep on changing, and people pass away

It's best to enjoy them, every moment of each day

When it comes to us, each day that we're living

Enjoy each year with family, and have a Happy Thanksgiving


Life changes, and time moves ahead. But the memories are

great to look back on. The smiles, the company you kept,

the food at Thanksgiving, the games we played, and that

special time in life when you had no worries at all. You

just enjoyed all the foods that your family made every

year.

No comments:

Post a Comment