Friday, February 10, 2023

With A Smile (Mike Thompson)

 

With A Smile (Mike Thompson)

© by Bud Lemire on Feb 7, 2023



I first met Mike, he was my neighbor on the fifteenth floor

We'd always stop and chat, who could ask for any more

His smile was felt by everyone, when we caught his eye

He had a warmth inside his heart, he was a special guy

He joked around with everyone, in his own special way

Whenever he said anything to me, it always made my day

Hey Bud, the Mayor wants you to take pictures for him next week”

He always wore that smile, and had a way whenever he would speak


He liked music, he asked me to burn him a CD

Close to a year later, he never forgot he owed me

Out came his wallet, and he'd hand me a ten dollar bill

I wasn't worried about the money, I was impressed by his memory skill

Everyone I've talked to, had something great to say about Mike

There wasn't anything about him, that we didn't like

When he married Bev, he wanted me to take pictures for him there

I was so happy for their union, and a love they both could share


Don't worry Mike, you've left this world behind

You're in the afterlife, and I'm sure that you will find

Everything is much better there, always listen to your soul

Your journey here is over, now you are once again whole

Many of us will grieve, because it is a great loss

Yet we know we'll see you again, when it's our time to cross

Let me end this poem, by thanking you for being a great friend to me

May your journey in Spirit, be the best that it can ever be



Mike, we're saddened that your journey here had to end so soon.

Yet, I know Heaven is a special place, and I also know you

will watch over those you are close to here. You

will meet my girlfriend there, and many others

who have passed from the Harbor Tower.

Loretta and so many others.

You've got a wonderful soul my friend.

Thank you for sharing it with us. ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment