Monday, October 23, 2023

Cathy Plank

 

Cathy Plank

© by Bud Lemire on Sept 2023


She came to tend a garden, with every kind of flower

With a water hose, she gave each of them a shower

She was an artist, saw the beauty in each one

Appreciated it better, when each grew in the sun


Her flowers were her children, she cared for them each day

She'd feel so very bad, if one of them withered away

She preferred all, to be in bloom

Dying flowers to her, just brought gloom


Cathy was a sweetheart, with her laughter and her smile

I'd stop to talk with her, sometimes quite awhile

She'd come out of her back door, happy to show me around

There were tons of her flowers, everywhere, all over the ground


I'd take a picture of each, and show her what I took

She'd say “wow,” and was happy she had a look

She didn't like her picture taken, but I took one of her one day

She was watering her flowers, and I snapped one anyway


I kept missing her, as I hadn't seen her out at all this year

I found out she passed, and I was very sad to hear

I went by her Flower Garden, for some final pictures to show

A butterfly landed on a flower, and here's something I do know


Cathy came by, to check on all her flowers

Without any water, she was hoping for some showers

She didn't stay long, just long enough to say

“Thanks for coming by Bud, you'll see me again some day”



Cathy Plank was a wonderful soul. She loved her flowers,

and her love for them, got me taking pictures of them. I'd try

to take a picture in each position and with good lighting.

Her laughter was so wonderful to hear. She'd come out of

her back door and be ready to show me all the flowers that

were coming up recently. I never thought of me as a flower

person, but now, I see beauty in all things. Thank you Cathy,

for the beautiful flowers you tended, for me to share in pictures

with everyone on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment