Saturday, October 21, 2023

Major Utilities

 

Major Utilities

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 18, 2023



I loved music, starting when I was little boy

It was the one thing, that always brought me joy

There was this place, that sold 5 45's for one buck

I thought at the time, I really had the best luck


It wasn't far from home, so I really didn't need a ride

Upstairs of B.F. Goodrich, open the door on the side

Maybe you heard of Major Utilities, the place where I would go

45's just out of the Jukebox, it was like listening to the radio


The Flaths ran it, two sons and their boss was their Dad

One son wore glasses, and he didn't seem too bad

He was the one who waited on me, whenever I came by

I'd enter, look over the records, and he would always say hi


I'd walk home happily, and I'd listen to each song

I was so excited with that deal, nothing could go wrong

Nothing ever did go wrong, with each 45 I bought

Memories of those times, are always in my thoughts


I'd see one of the sons at Elmer's, he listened to music a lot

He showed me his MP3 Player, and all the songs he's got

All three of them have passed, but I shall recall each in memory

The music from the Jukebox, and what it all meant to me



Herb, and his two sons Warren and Harold. Warren was the one

with the glasses, who waited on me, and Harold was the one I'd see

riding his bike, and at Elmer's with the MP3 Player. Because of their

great deals with the 45's, I was able to explore music at that time.

Whenever I had money, I'd be there, and was so happy when

I found music I liked. Major Utilities & the Flaths, thank you

for the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment