Sunday, November 5, 2023

Herb

 

Herb

© by Bud Lemire on Nov 5, 2023



I first met Herb, in the lobby at Harbor Tower

He was eating cold cereal, at such an odd hour

He was talking, with everyone in the room

He was a new resident, I could only assume


I got to like, the way he thought

We got to be friends, on the spot

Yet there were times, he could be rude

It depended on his, or my mood


Many times, he had good things to say

I knew that, it was just his way

It turned out for the most part, he was okay

I'd see him at least, once a day


You never knew, where the conversation could go

Sometimes, his compliments could really flow

I got to like this guy, who lived here

He had a great outlook on life, every year


When I found out recently, what he's been through

I felt saddened, to happen to someone I knew

I let him know, I was glad he was healing

Because, that is how I was feeling

Now he's without pain, and in a much better place

We'll remember this friend, and his smiling face



In Memory of our friend Herb Duffield.

Herb, thanks for sharing your time with

us here at the Harbor Tower. We enjoyed

your company, and the time you spent with

us. We hope to see you again, when our time

comes to cross over. Save a seat for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment