Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Butterfly Garden

by Bud Lemire on May 25, 2009


In The Butterfly Garden, butterflies come and go
I wonder dear woman, what they really know
Do they know of the love you placed everywhere
As you tended the garden, so they could come there

Oh the beauty they show as they flutter about
Markings so beautiful that I want to cry out
Into a song, I feel I should sing
As I take in each story painted on their wing

The creator of life designed a wonderful creature
With wings of art, what a beautiful feature
I wonder if each wing is the same
Or if each butterfly has a name

All I know is they flutter about with a mind of their own
They resemble each other as if they were a clone
Maybe there's more than what meets the eye
Of the magnificent beauty of the great butterfly

It flies with a flutter, in and out of the garden you made with your love
Fluttering about in a dance of a ritual that takes it above
Oh to dance with you, with your wings opened for me
In The Butterfly Garden with you is the place I long to be





Dedicated to the gardener of the Butterfly Garden, who has done a wonderful job with it

No comments:

Post a Comment