Saturday, December 3, 2011

That Holiday Hare

by Bud Lemire on April 8, 2007

The Easter Bunny leaves a basket on my door
The Bunny use to leave it in the hall, but that was long before
Quiet now, and I will take a peek
No one is in sight, so now I can speak

You see long ago, Easter was just another day
Until my sister changed that, she knew she’d have her way
She’d come over to the house, and leave a basket there
Filled with lots of candy, from that Holiday Hare

She’d always sneak in the front, and put it in its place
Then race around the back, entering with a smile on her face
We’d tell her the Easter Bunny came
Mom and I knew that Easter Bunny had a name

I remember once, she tripped while trying to get away
Luckily we didn’t notice, we were watching TV that special day
You see my sister’s thoughtful, and won’t leave anyone out
If you knew her like I do, there wouldn’t be any doubt

She invites me for the holidays, to share a special meal
Prepared by her and family, which is a really great deal
I wanted to once again take this time, to let someone know I care
You know by now who I mean, my sister Nancy, That Holiday Hare


Thank you Nancy, for making each Easter and Holiday so special to me. I hope you always know how special you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment