Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Popcorn Stand

by Bud Lemire on March 31, 2007


When I was younger, there was the Popcorn Stand
Which served us popcorn, which tasted grand
It usually stood on the corner on Ludington street
Next to Ninth Street north, and it couldn’t be beat

The Popcorn Stand went everywhere
I was always happy to see it there
You could see the server, passing popcorn out
While inside my mouth, taste buds danced about

I stood in line to get my fill
I had to be careful so I wouldn’t spill
They placed it in a little cardboard box
Red and white, the color to match my socks

I remember seeing it at the park
All lit up, serving popcorn in the dark
I know it must have been at the Fair
Yet my memory can’t recall it being there

My whole family bought popcorn at the Popcorn Stand
We munched on popcorn while we listened to the City Band
On Sidewalk Day, business was popping
There’d be several Escanaba residents stopping

To this day popcorn is my favorite snack
Memories of the Popcorn Stand, always takes me back
Just a touch of salt, and a little more butter
Popcorn for my Sister, Brother, Father, and Mother

I remember the Popcorn Stand that stood on the corner of Ludington and North Ninth Street, and it holds a special place in my memories(and my stomach recalls it too).

No comments:

Post a Comment