Sunday, May 7, 2017

I Came To See Me


I Came To See Me

© by Bud Lemire on May 7, 2017





Once again I find, like I did before

Traveling back in time, opening that door

I find myself in Escanaba, on the North side of town

To help my younger self understand, and I won't let me down



I find him reading a Star Trek book, in his bedroom

He looks at my face in the door window, like it was his doom

Coming to the door, to see who it could be

He doesn't realize, I am the future He



I see the CB radio, on the table near his bed

And saw the title of the book, that he just read

I told him I had a lot to say, and could I have a seat

He pointed to the chair, and it was good to be off my feet



I asked if he believed in Time Travel, to any time or place

He was looking down, and then a smile came to his face

Yes,” he said quite slowly, “I believe it could be done”

I knew this was just the start, of what had just begun



I asked him, “Do I look familiar, at all to you?”

He smiled and said “Sort of like Grandpa, yes, you do”

I smiled and said “You may not believe me, but it's true”

I come from the year 2017, I'm the future you”



He blinked, and I could tell he was thinking

He probably thought I had done too much drinking

I didn't tell him too much, to change his future in any way

Yet I knew he was looking, at my hair of gray



I'm surprised he even talked to me, because I use to be so shy

I told him in the future, that he wouldn't be, and he would pass it by

I told him not to worry about his failures, all would be okay

People would come to love him, when changes came his way



I told him, all he had to do, was just to Be

Life would mold him, into the perfect Me

He came up to me and hugged me, and I use to be so shy

He thanked me for the visit, as we each said goodbye

As I Time Traveled back to the future, I thought about the younger Me

And of all his changes to come, that were yet to be




I often think back to all the changes I've been through. Some

would say I was a totally different person back then. I always

wondered how it would be if we could Travel back in time to

meet ourselves, what would we say. I believe we all go

through many changes in life that mold us into who we

become.

No comments:

Post a Comment