Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Through The Eyes Of A Senior Companion


Through The Eyes Of A Senior Companion

© by Bud Lemire on May 23, 2017



Through the eyes of the Senior Companion, I've seen it all

The reason for each, and why they answered the call

What makes each of them special, and how do I know

I watch what is said, and I watch what they show



I imagined myself, I put myself in their shoes

I watched each of them, with the time that they use

Each one is special, in their own way

With their own unique style, they use every day



Nobody does it, quite the same

In fact, each have their own favorite game

Each have, their own style

Some will laugh, some will smile



Helping is their job, in their own way

Their personality with each, is what makes their day

Nobody can be like another, unique is to be us

But these are some people, that you can trust



Deep inside, you will come to know

These volunteers, with a special soul

Every day, they give their all

They throw the dice, they catch the ball

When you wonder, when the day will be done

They bring along, their own style of fun

I applaud the Senior Companions, every day

I celebrate everything about them, in every way





Just this year I became a Senior Companion, and I've

met so many wonderful Senior Companions that I work

with. We aren't working alone, we work as a team to

make those who struggle, make it through their days,

brighter with cheerfulness and fun. Each Senior

Companion I work with, has their own style of helping.

And their own method, and personality, that they bring

to the program. I'm proud to be a Senior Companion,

and work along some really wonderful people.




No comments:

Post a Comment