Friday, March 9, 2018

Loretta, One Special Lady


Loretta, One Special Lady

© by Bud Lemire on March 8, 2018





I met Loretta for the first time, in 2004

I came to love her personality, but there was so much more

It was at the Harbor Tower, that it came to be

She entered my life, and became a good friend to me



Our visits were so special, some of the best

Her quality of life, was lived with so much zest

We'd gather with friends, for a game of dice

An evening of fun for us, was always nice



Every Friday, she'd have fish at my place

She loved my cooking, always a smile on her face

After we were done eating, we'd visit for awhile

She wouldn't leave without a hug, because that wasn't her style



In between our fish meals, we'd have pizza occasionally

Sometimes she would pay, sometimes it was me

As a Senior Companion, she spread her love around

Everyone loved her, wherever she was found



She started tripping, falling on her face

That's when she moved, into the Christian Park Center place

As a Senior Companion myself, I would visit her there

Every late Friday afternoon, we were quite a pair



Kings in the Corner, a card game that we'd play

I wouldn't see her again, until next week on Friday

Every moment, that we shared together

Is one I'll always remember, and I'll always treasure





Thank you Loretta! For coming into my life and

being a truly wonderful friend. You have touched

me and touched so many with your wonderful spirit.

And now you are home with your family there, and

with Monrad again. Hugs from your dear friend

on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment