Thursday, October 14, 2021

A Fish Story

 

A Fish Story

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 14, 2021



Enjoying fish is what life's about

Whether it be Perch, or it be Trout

Whitefish is among my favorite fish

It doesn't stay long on the dish


I have a taste for Salmon also

These are fish facts, that you should know

Walleye, doesn't do a thing for me

I tried it three times, so I let it be


There is a fish, and I say “Oh God!”

You know it's Friday, when I thank Cod

In Washington State, I had Red Snapper

I'm so glad these fish, come without a wrapper


As a kid, smelt was a favorite to eat

Memories of smelting at Wells, just can't be beat

Most of my family, liked to go fishing

Except me, I picked peas and did a lot of wishing


When Friday comes around

Buying fish is where I'm found

You know it's good for the brain

Think of all the knowledge you can gain


I love my Friday fish. The weekends are

even better when you enjoy what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment