Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Listening To A Country Song

 

Listening To A Country Song

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 7, 2021



He's been listening to a Country song

One where everything goes wrong

He believes every word they sing

And the bad luck each one will bring


He believes each one is true

And he wonders what he can do

If his wife is having a fling

In that song that they sing


Is she really out of love with me?”

Maybe there's a song that'll hold a key”

I need to know what I can do”

Because now she is loving you”


Maybe she'll start loving him again

And be a wife, and a loving friend

I hate to think, she cheats when I'm not around”

With that cowboy who's been hanging in town”


He's living a nightmare, with each song he hears

His imaginative mind, has brought on his fears

He's got a happy marriage, and nothing's wrong

He's just been listening to a Country Song



I've been looking over titles and words to Country

songs, and so many are about cheating and leaving

and so much more. Sadness, and so much more. I

prefer a happy Country song. One that is upbeat

and makes you feel good inside. Makes you think.

And sometimes makes you want to get up and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment