Friday, December 17, 2021

The Salvation Army Bell

 

The Salvation Army Bell

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 17, 2021



The Salvation Army Bell Rings

And the little Angel sings

Can you spare a quarter, a dollar, or a dime

For those with less, so they can have a good time


The bell ringers ring, for those who are in need

Those with much less, with so many mouths to feed

When I was a kid, and I remember it well

I hung out at the place, that started that bell

I joined a boys club, and we made many things

At the Salvation Army, where the bell rings


My Mom, with her friend, worked at the Thrift Store

With NuWay Cleaners, and Junior High next door

I remember in the alley, right behind there

There use to be caterpillars, on a tree, everywhere


These days, whenever I hear the bell ring

I think of the poor, and the smiles it'll bring

The happiness it'll bring to parents, who can't make a living

Because Christmas is more special, when it's love you are giving


As I stood there at Elmer's, waiting for my ride

I had a chance to look at people, from the inside

I saw their hearts, as they stopped for the bell

Unselfish and giving, I saw their souls as well



As I stood there, across from the bell ringer. People

coming out of Elmer's were grabbing their wallets

or purses and pulling out money to give. The

Salvation Army stands for something really

great when everyone knows in their hearts

what a great thing they do for those

who can't do it for themselves.

Thank you Salvation Army & Bell Ringers!

No comments:

Post a Comment