Thursday, December 23, 2021

The Christmas Angel

 

The Christmas Angel

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 22, 2021



He stood right by the Christmas Tree

Each gift, well wrapped, several meant for me

Covid took me, there was nothing I could do

It was way too much, to have to go through


I stand beside him, in spirit I am there

I make an ornament move, because I care

I was the love of his life, and he was mine

Every night, we'd share, a small glass of wine


I just wish, I could bring a smile to his face

When he frowns, it seems so out of place

What can I do, they say time heals

But I understand, just how he feels


There's an Angel ornament, hanging on the tree

He cherishes it, because it reminds him of me

He can't move on, until he says goodbye

I couldn't live like I was, so I had to die


All of a sudden, there was a light in the Angel's eye

Tears fell from his eyes, and he continued to cry

Carolers outside the door, “White Christmas” they sang

Just down the street, the Church bells rang

He felt his heart, as it began a steady beat

He smelled perfume, it was very sweet

It was Apricot, the fragrance that she always wore

He smelled it, whenever she came in the door

He smiled and said “Merry Christmas my dear”

She came to visit him, on Christmas each year


White Christmas” was her favorite song. And it

brought him back to reality, and back to life.

He realized that she may have passed, but she

was still around him. Because love never dies.

Especially when you have such a strong bond

of love like they did. He went on to celebrate

many years of Christmas, and even remarried.

No comments:

Post a Comment