Monday, February 7, 2022

The Mountain

 

The Mountain

© by Bud Lemire on Feb 6, 2022



What was once, a walk down the street

Is now a mountain, I must climb and defeat

Try my best, to reach the top

Even if it means, I might drop


I'll get up again, and keep on trying

I won't give up, until the day I'm dying

I'll not let that mountain, keep me down

As long as I live, I'll be the clown


The mountain, sure looks pretty high

Maybe I'll imagine, that I can fly

It'll help for a moment, but that is all

That mountain, sure makes me feel small


One step at a time, gradually I'll go

Doesn't matter, how fast or how slow

As long as I get to the top, then there I'll be

Another mountain in the distance, is waiting for me


Whatever happened, to the rocks on the road

They turned into mountains, heavier is my load

I will climb the mountain, I will not fail

I'll make it to the top, yes, I will prevail


In life, especially in these trying times. The rocks on

the road have become mountains. They aren't easy.

Yet, with endurance and faith, we can get over them.

We can do it, because we have the willpower and the

strength within. Even when we think it is too much to

handle, we can do it. One step at a time. Take it

apart, and do a little at a time. And soon what you

thought was too much, has been accomplished. Have

faith in you, and know you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment