Friday, January 13, 2023

Our Neighbor & Friend, Barb

 



Our Neighbor & Friend, Barb

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 12, 2023

She was our neighbor, lived in the house in back for years

We'd visit when she lived there, she'd calm many of my fears

Barb and Bob moved, across the alley after awhile

I babysat for her, and can still remember her smile


Through her, I met her siblings, who became friends

Just like in any life, our time here on Earth ends

A heart attack, made her weak and frail

She kept trying, but this year, she had to bail


She passed over into spirit, her health issues are no more

She gathered with her family in Heaven, that she knew before

Dave and Jerry, her parents, and so many others

She was happy to see them all, especially her brothers


I saw her every Friday, when I went to Elmer's for my fish there

We'd stop and chat, she was a friend who always seemed to care

The last time I saw her, she was on her front porch that day

I visited with her and her brother, we always had something to say


I will always remember, the visits that we had

In my memories, I will smile and be glad

She supported me, like the brothers she loved so much

In this lifetime, I was glad to feel her touch



When she lived in the house behind us on North 14th Street

She'd come and sit on her front porch and we would be on

our back porch and we'd talk. When things bothered me

or scared me, she would talk to me, and calm me. I

remember at that time she would come outside, and

have to go in to check on the pies she was baking with

graham cracker crusts. She was that kind of person,

she would take on everything, to lessen everyone's

worries. Everything will be okay, she'd say. I can

say I've always liked her, and glad to call her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment