Thursday, April 27, 2023

Gig Harbor

 

Gig Harbor

© by Bud Lemire on April, 26, 2023



In Gig Harbor, we lived on Skansie Avenue

Up the hill, we sure did have a view

We lived in an apartment, that adjoined another one

While we lived there, we had a lot of fun


There were slugs, all over there

I never saw so many, anywhere

There was a garden, in the back

I kept a journal, I kept track


I remember one day, I took a bike ride to town

From where we lived, it was a steep hill down

The bike ride down, was very fast

Everything was a blur, as I went past


The town and marina, were at the bottom of that hill

If it wasn't for my brakes, it would have been a thrill

I had them on, all the way down

I was never so happy, to hit the town


I explored the book stores, that were there

I saw a statue at the marina, and stopped to stare

From the marina, on a night that is clear

You can see Mount Rainier, right from here


Walking the bike uphill, isn't any fun

I walked very slowly, because it was hard to run

I was tired out, when I got home

It has its ups and downs, when I decide to roam



I lived in Gig Harbor, Washington from August 2002

until early 2003, and we moved to Montesano, Washington.

It was a fun place to live, and very scenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment