Thursday, December 14, 2023

Dottie

 

Dottie

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 14, 2023




In my early life, I heard about sisters that I didn't see

Later in life, Dottie and Jake came to be

Dottie and Jake, would stop in to see our Dad

I got to know, one of my sisters that I had


She had a pleasant voice, and always treated me kind

I wanted to know her better, but that would take some time

Each time she came to visit, I got to know her better

Looking back at those times, I'm so glad that I met her


Something about her eyes, I saw so much beauty there

Her visits were the best, I loved what she would share

I can close my eyes, and hear her voice in my head

In fact, I can even remember words that she said


Dad and I would take trips, down Mangum road

And end up, at Dottie and Jake's abode

I remember a cat, that chased all the mice

Most of all, I remember each visit was really nice


I remember her always saying, “we love you”

The meaning when she said it, always rang true

One thing I knew for sure, my sister Dottie had a really good heart

In my life, no matter where her soul resides, she'll always be a part



Dottie, thank you so much for being a wonderful sister. I know

you are in the spirit world now, and doing much better.

Just like at the end of every visit when you would say, “we love you” referring to you and Jake. After Jake passed, I remember you having to catch yourself and say

just remember, I love you.” I just wanted to write you this poem to let you know just how much you have touched me with your presence. Thank you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment