Sunday, July 9, 2017

I Love Asparagus


I Love Asparagus

© by Bud Lemire on June 28, 2017





I love asparagus, you might already know

Those spears of green, give me an inner glow

I steam them, and sometimes in a salad they'll be

I believe a healthy diet, is really life's key



Green spears, purple spears, and even the white

They hold a lot of vitamins, within every bite

I think, they have a wonderful taste

When I have them, none go to waste



Here's something, and it is the truth

I like to drink, asparagus juice

Some may think I'm crazy, I really don't care

But only on special occasions, will I ever share



Not everybody likes it, but that's okay by me

Why you can even smell it, when you go pee

Almost every Friday, I have it with my fish

Let me tell you, they sure look colorful on my dish

Give me a spear, I'll eat them all

Maybe it will, help me grow tall





Well, it hasn't helped me grow tall yet. But I am

enjoying the taste of them in the meantime. It is

good for you too. No matter which way you have

it, it is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment