Monday, March 28, 2022

Songs Mom Sang

 

Songs Mom Sang

© by Bud Lemire on March 27, 2022



As I kept busy around my apartment, a song went through my head

A song that was sung long ago, today I sang that song instead

It brought me back there, as I sang that song

I felt she was with me, singing right along


Mom sang a lot of songs, these days they mean so much

Deep are these memories, in my heart they touch

Even though the song, was popular before I came to be

The songs she sang then, mean the world to me


Her Mom taught piano lessons, and played in a band

The love for music in our family, is easy to understand

One cousin I had talked with, said she was taught to play

By my Grandmother, although this Cousin passed away


Mom loved to sing, and she'd sing every day

She loved my music, when the turntable would play

She had her favorite songs, of the records that I had

To see her smile as they played, always made me glad


I'd like to think the music, is something to hold dear

When things bring you down, it brings endless cheer

I play all the songs, that Mom used to sing

Knowing those special memories, that each one will bring



Every day is Mothers Day when you are thinking of that

special woman who gave her best to give you the best.

When I think of people who tell me their childhoods

weren't that good. I think back to my childhood, and smile.

I am so glad music was brought into my life, and I enjoyed

it. To this day, music is a big part of my life. I thank Mom

for carrying on the family tradition, so that I could as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment