Saturday, March 11, 2017

My Immune System Is Dead


My Immune System Is Dead

© by Bud Lemire on March 11, 2017





My Immune System is dead

So hard to get out of bed

A virus could easily kill

So we don't like being ill



Through chemotherapy, our Immune System broke down

We smile when we can, but many times I wear a frown

The Doctors see us often, an apple won't keep them away

Because our system, changes easily every day



A tiredness, that you have no way to shake loose

No matter how much, you drink of that juice

It takes away, your breath of life

Causing you, so much of that strife



It has your blood cells, battling it out

You just want to cry, and you scream and shout

What can you do, when your Immune System is shot

Diarrhea comes on, and you are sitting on the pot



No Immune System, what can I do

I wish I had one, so I could get through

Each day that I live, I find it a blessing

That I can see the sun rise, and have strength as I'm dressing

If you have Chemotherapy, please be aware

Of the side effects, that can happen there





Chemotherapy can do so much damage to your

Immune System. This was written for some friends

I know who have gone through a lot of pain due to

not having an Immune System that works normally.

IVIG helps, but it doesn't bring back your Immune

System. Once it is gone, it stays gone. Just be aware,

and be careful, that you stay away from people with a

virus, so you don't get it. Because without your Immune

System, you can get it so much more easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment